MANAGING YOUR HOME LOAN
Do you want to pay your home loan off faster?
Your home loan repayments are likely to be one of your biggest outgoings each month. Paying off your home loan as soon as possible is one of the simplest ways to save money. Particularly in the early years when your interest payments are highest.
Protect your loan
Income protection insurance provides better value than home loan protection insurance. Income protection insurance provides up to 75% of your salary in the event that you are unable to work and covers all your expenses - not just your loan repayments.
What you need to know
Small changes can make a big difference. There are some easy ways that you can start to pay off your loan faster:
- Changing your payments from monthly to fortnightly or weekly is the equivalent of making 13 monthly repayments a year
- Avoid 'honeymoon' loans that revert to a higher rate after the 'honeymoon' period is over
- Make additional repayments whenever you can. Extra repayments you make in the early years will have the biggest impact
- Use an offset account to reduce your loan interest if it is available as part of your loan facility
Count on us
A Count adviser can help you:
- Put in place strategies to pay off your home loan faster
<< Back to Paying Off Debt
RMDP Pty Ltd ABN 80 643 673 035 t/as 360FG Financial Services is an Authorised Representative of Count Financial Ltd ABN 19 001 974 625 AFSL No. 227232 which is 85% owned by CountPlus Limited ABN 111 26 990 832 (CountPlus) of Level 8, 1 Chifley Square, Sydney 2000 NSW and 15% owned by Count Member Firm Pty Ltd ACN 633 983 490 of Level 8, 1 Chifley Square, Sydney 2000 NSW. CountPlus is listed on the Australian Stock Exchange. Count Member Firm Pty Ltd is owned by Count Member Firm DT Pty Ltd ACN 633 956 073 which holds the assets under a discretionary trust for certain beneficiaries including potentially some corporate authorised representatives of Count Financial Ltd. The information on this web page is not advice and is intended to provide general information only. It does not take into account your individual needs, objectives or personal circumstances.